Vintage Buffalo images for digital downloads and home or office decor. All purchases support the museum's mission.

Buffalo Will See It Through

  • Shelton Square Garage

    Shelton Square Garage, formerly the Gayety Theater, located on Pearl Street between Niagara and Church Streets. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Out buildings

  • Gothic Hall

    Gothic Hall located at 189 Main Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Offices

  • The Arcade

    The Arcade, also known as Wonderland Building, located at corner of Main and Clinton Streets. Showing J. Neumann Photographer and Robinson's Musee Theatre. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Offices

  • German Hospital

    German Hospital located at 621 Genesee Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Hospitals

  • Lime Lake Ice Cutters

    Lime Lake Ice Cutters for E. Webster Son & Co., 1904. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Miscellaneous

  • Western Union Telegraph Office

    Western Union Telegraph Office located on Main Street at the corner of Seneca Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Utilities

  • Moffat Flour Mills

    Moffat Malt House and Flour Mill located at corner of W. Mohawk Street and S. Elmwood Avenue. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Mills

  • Diehl's Malt House

    Collapse of outer wall of Diehl's Malt House located at the corner of Niagara and Maryland Streets, December 6, 1888. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Breweries

  • School No. 21

    Buffalo Public School No. 21 located at 1000 Hetel Avenue, 1934. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Educational - Schools

  • Webster Block

    Webster Block located at 55-87 Main Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Miscellaneous

  • Virgil E. Bailey Stables

    Virgil E. Bailey Livery Stables located at 267 Lewis Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Livery

  • Campagna & Son

    Campagna & Son wholesale grocers located at 112 Michigan Avenue. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Grocery Stores

  • White Building

    White Building located at 298 Main Street near Erie Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Offices

  • Coal & Iron Exchange

    Incorporated May 9, 1889, the People's Bank of Buffalo had its first office at 257 Washington Street, in the Coal & Iron Exchange. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Offices

  • American Railway Express

    American Railway Express located at the corner of Main and Erie Streets. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Offices

  • Fort Porter

    Fort Porter guard House (formerly stable), 1897. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Forts

  • Allan Herschell Co. Inc.

    Allan Herschell Co. Inc. of carrousels, merry-go-rounds, and park amusements located on Thompson Street in North Tonawanda. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Miscellaneous

  • Prospect Reservoir

    Prospect Reservoir bounded by Masten Avenue, Dodge Street, Jefferson Avenue and Best Street and was later replaced by Civic Stadium. Reservroir (1851-1894) was previously located on site of 74th Regiment Armory. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Utilities

  • Ferguson Steel & Iron Co.

    Ferguson Steel & Iron Co. located on Stanley Street at the corner of Bailey Avenue, ca. 1916. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Iron and Steel

  • Phoenix Bottling Works

    Phoenix Bottling Works, bounded by Virginia, Washington, Burton and Rochevot Streets. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Breweries

  • School No. 19

    Buffalo Public School No. 19, opened April 28, 1857 at West and West Delavan Avenues. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Educational - Schools

  • Tip Top Tailors

    Tip Top Tailors men's store located at 329 Main Street with partial view of Palace Burlesque Theater, October 15, 1939. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Men's Clothing

  • Dickinson Jewelry Store

    Dickinson Jewelry Store located at 254 Main Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Jewelry

  • Suey Gee Chang Co.

    Suey Gee Chan Co. Chinese goods located at 507 Michigan Avenue. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - General Stores

  • Veteran's Administration Building

    Veteran's Administration Building located at Main & Goodrich Streets. Also known as Burrell Building, showing White, While & Warner Jewelers, F. N. Burt Company, Oldsmobile Company of Buffalo, Wm. M. Coon, Howard B. Smith, and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company,.

  • Brown's Building

    Brown's Building located at the corner of Main and Seneca Streets, showing Western Union Telegraph, W. Plyman & Co., Julius Walker, C. Stein, Watts & Curtin Buffalo Detective Agency, and National Automatic Fire Alarm Company. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Offices

  • Ingleside Home

    Ingleside Home located at 70 Harvard Place, 1919. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Hospitals

  • Fort Porter

    Fort Porter Corral showing Powder House, stables and Porter Avenue Bridge, 1896. Fort was sold in 1926 for building of the Peace Bridge. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Forts

  • Buffalo Pottery

    Interior view of workers at Buffalo Pottery located at 1454 Seneca Street, 1904. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Miscellaneous

  • Frontier Telephone Co.

    Frontier Telephone Co. located at 332 Ellicott Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Utilities

  • A. Schreiber Brewing Co.

    A. Schreiber Brewing Co. located on Fillmore Avenue south of Broadway. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Breweries

  • Pierce Arrow Motor Car Company

    Pierce Arrow Motor Car Company factory located on Elmwood Avenue. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Automobile

  • Dolan's Fish Bar & Restaurant

    Dolan's Fish Bar & Restaurant with Charles Noble Jr. Company, view of Lloyd Street from corner of Lake Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Miscellaneous

  • Galster Family Meat Market

    Galster Family Meat Market with Mr. & Mrs. Henry Galster and their children, John, Elizabeth and Amelia, located at 495 Sycamore Street, ca. 1888. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Markets

  • Weed Block

    Weed Block showing Weed & Co., Weed's Old Hardware Store, the Chapin Block, and H.H. Otis at the corner of Main and Swan Streets. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Hardware

  • P. Scheu Jr.

    P. Scheu Jr. store located at 16 Spruce Street, July 4, 1911. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Business & Commercial -

  • Underhill Building

    Underhill Building located at corner of Pearl and Church Streets showing Consolidated Ticket Office, Kinsey Realty Company and The Pennz Oil Company. Remodeled in 1920 from the Stafford building which housed the Fulton Market and was built in 1889. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Offices

  • Board of Trade Building

    Board of Trade Building located on the northeast corner of Pearl and Seneca Streets, 1890. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Offices

  • LeCouteulx-St. Mary's Institute for the Deaf

    LeCouteulx-St. Mary's Institute for the Deaf located at 2253 Main Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Hospitals

  • Monroe Abstract & Title Corporation

    Monroe Abstract & Title Corporation located at 130 Pearl Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. General photograph collection, Streets - Pearl

  • East Buffalo Stockyards

    East Buffalo Stockyards covering 100 acres. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Utilities

  • Buffalo Gas Light Co.

    Buffalo Gas Light Company, Jackson Plant, located at 249 W. Genesee Street, 1912. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Utilities

  • Buffalo Co-Operative Brewing Co.

    Buffalo Co-Operative Brewing Co. located at 160 High Street at the corner of Michigan Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Factories - Breweries

  • Homeopathic College of Physicians and Surgeons

    Homeopathic College of Physicians and Surgeons located on Mohawk Street at the corner of Pearl Street. Also served as Buffalo Police Station No. 3, Mohawk Street Market and Y.M.C.A. Built in 1835 and torn down in 1882 for the Central Y.M.C.A. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Educational - Universities

  • Charles Noble Jr. Company

    Charles Noble Jr. Company and Lautz Bros. & Co. located on Lloyd Street view from Lake Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Miscellaneous

  • Wonderland Building

    Wonderland Building located in the 400 block of Main Street with J. Neumann photographer, T.C. Tanke, S.H. Knox 5 and 10 store, and S. Levyn cigars, 1892. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Markets

  • J.G. Pieri Co.

    J.G. Pieri Co., whole sale grocers, located at 96-98 Michigan Avenue with Henry & Missert, millers, next door at 9294 Michigan Avenue, opposite Elk Street Market. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Buildings - Business & Commercial - Grocery Stores

  • Charles F. Doll Furniture Store

    C.F. Doll Furniture Store located at 477 Washington Street. Preferred Citation: Collection of The Buffalo History Museum. Goldome/Nagle photograph collection, Picture .G65, Business & Commercial - Furniture Stores


The Buffalo History Museum, founded in 1862, is a private not-for-profit organization tax-exempt under Sec. 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. We receive operating support from the County of Erie, the City of Buffalo, New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and from donors, members and friends. The Buffalo History Museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.

Powered by Google TranslateTranslate

Original text